Sun Corridor Network subscribers participate in a statewide community of like-minded people with similar missions. Being a subscriber to the Sun Corridor has many benefits, including:
As a Sun Corrider Subscriber....
- Access to Internet2, an alliance of peers working on topic-centered research and development projects which affect teaching, system architecture, and network.
- Collaboration and networking for participating members, spanning our entire membership from grade school to higher education, from libraries and museums, to community colleges and research centers.
- Greater efficiency, with numerous opportunities for community synergies through shared costs/shared benefits.
- New educational opportunities with increased K-20 collaboration.
- Capability to support high performance computing and interactive multimedia applications.
Subscribers can leverage the network for a variety of technical applications, for example:
- Interconnect geographically separate business locations
- Distance learning/education
- Data center virtualization
- High performance network computing and research application
- Multimedia applications
- Off-site data backup and retention
- Shared use of key collaboration technologies